Black Police Precinct And Courthouse Museum Recalls Miami's Segregated Past : Nieuwsfoto's

Black Police Precinct And Courthouse Museum Recalls Miami's Segregated Past

Credits: 
Joe Raedle / Staf
MIAMI - FEBRUARY 02: A judges gavel rests on top of a desk in the courtroom of the newly opened Black Police Precinct and Courthouse Museum February 3, 2009 in Miami, Florida. The museum is located in the only known structure in the nation that was designed, devoted to and operated as a separate station house and municipal court for African-Americans. In September 1944, the first black patrolmen were sworn in as emergency policemen to enforce the law in what was then called the 'Central Negro District.' The precinct building opened in May 1950 to provide a station house for the black policemen and a courtroom for black judges in which to adjudicate black defendants. The building operated from 1950 until its closing in 1963. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
Bijschrift:
MIAMI - FEBRUARY 02: A judges gavel rests on top of a desk in the courtroom of the newly opened Black Police Precinct and Courthouse Museum February 3, 2009 in Miami, Florida. The museum is located in the only known structure in the nation that was designed, devoted to and operated as a separate station house and municipal court for African-Americans. In September 1944, the first black patrolmen were sworn in as emergency policemen to enforce the law in what was then called the 'Central Negro District.' The precinct building opened in May 1950 to provide a station house for the black policemen and a courtroom for black judges in which to adjudicate black defendants. The building operated from 1950 until its closing in 1963. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
Prijs berekenenWagentje bekijken
Gemaakt op:
3 februari 2009
Redactioneel nr.:
84611044
Beperkingen:
Neem voor gebruik voor alle commerciële of promotiedoeleinden contact op met uw lokale kantoor. Volledige redactionele rechten in het Verenigd Koninkrijk, de Verenigde Staten, Ierland en Canada (behalve Québec). Beperkte redactionele rechten voor dagbladen in andere delen van de wereld. Bel ons voor meer informatie hierover.
Soort licentie:
Rights managedRights managed-producten worden gelicentieerd met beperkingen op het gebruik, zoals beperkingen op grootte, plaatsing, gebruiksduur en geografische distributie. Er wordt u gevraagd informatie te verstrekken met betrekking tot het beoogde gebruik van het product om het bestek van de te verlenen gebruiksrechten te bepalen.
Collectie:
Getty Images News
Max. bestandsgrootte:
3.000 x 1.826 px (25,40 x 15,46 cm) - 300 dpi - 304 kB
Release-informatie:
Geen release.Meer informatie
Bron:
Getty Images North America
Naam materiaal:
56634908

Trefwoorden

Op dit beeld rust copyright. Getty Images behoudt zich het recht voor om personen die dit beeld of deze clip zonder toestemming gebruiken gerechtelijk te vervolgen en schadevergoeding te eisen bij copyrightschendingen. De beschikbaarheid van dit beeld kan pas worden gegarandeerd op het moment van aankoop.
judges gavel rests on top of a desk in the courtroom of the newly... Nieuwsfoto's 84611044Afrikaans,Amerikaans,Bureau,Culturen,Florida - Verenigde Staten,Geschiedenis,Horizontaal,Human interest,Mensen,Miami,Nieuw,Politiedienst,Racisme,Rechter,Rechtszaal,Rusten,Segregatie,Verenigde Staten,Voorzittershamer,WetPhotographer Collection: Getty Images News 2009 Getty ImagesMIAMI - FEBRUARY 02: A judges gavel rests on top of a desk in the courtroom of the newly opened Black Police Precinct and Courthouse Museum February 3, 2009 in Miami, Florida. The museum is located in the only known structure in the nation that was designed, devoted to and operated as a separate station house and municipal court for African-Americans. In September 1944, the first black patrolmen were sworn in as emergency policemen to enforce the law in what was then called the 'Central Negro District.' The precinct building opened in May 1950 to provide a station house for the black policemen and a courtroom for black judges in which to adjudicate black defendants. The building operated from 1950 until its closing in 1963. (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)